- This event has passed.
National Child Safety Week
September 19, 2021
This week is National Child Passenger Safety Week and MetroWest Public Safety offers these passenger tips to keep your little ones safe.
- Take advantage of car seat safety checks held nationwide during National Child Passenger Safety Week
- If you’re pregnant, schedule a car seat installation with a certified child passenger safety technician before the child is born
- Children should ride in the back seat at least through age 12
- If your kids complain about wearing seat belts, don’t negotiate; don’t drive off until they buckle up
- Always be consistent and wear your seat belt; driver safety belt use strongly influences whether your child will buckle up
- The life of a car seat is from six to eight years; recalls for child seat manufacturers for the past 10 years can be found here
Air bags can save the lives of older children and adults, but they can be fatal for young children. Follow guidelines for keeping younger children in the back seat
- September 19, 2021